Password requested for each job

I recently have a problem with password. When I type “cryosparcm start”, a small window popped out and request a password (the computer password), as shown in this screenshot. when I run or kill a job, this window come out too. There is another error report in another screenshot. Appreciate for a solution to remove this password request.

Is this a combined cryoSPARC master/worker instance on a single computer?
Has it worked previously for GPU-enabled cryoSPARC jobs without requesting a password?
Unless some stringent hostname matching requirements are met (which may fail due to computer or network configuration changes), password-less ssh access to worker nodes is required for cryoSPARC function.

Dear wtempel,
Thank you for your reply and comments.
This problem was happened right after re-configuration of the computer. The master/worker is on a single computer. The network configuration was also changed after reconfiguration of the computer due to unknown reason (we will test that). In the config.sh: Cryosparc_Force_Master_Hotsname = true. Do you need more information?
Thank you, Lan

I want to make a correct. The password issue does not apply for those jobs, like Select 2D classes…

Interactive jobs like Select 2D classes are designed to run directly on the master even in multi-host cryoSPARC instances and should not experience the problem you saw for non-interactive jobs.

Please can you post the output of these commands:

1. grep -iv license /path/to/cryosparc_master/config.sh
  2. host $(hostname -f)
  3. cryosparcm cli "get_scheduler_targets()[0]['hostname']"

for the second question: r16763.ttuhsc.edu

The screenshot suggests some transcription errors (letters, bracketing, quoting).
Would it be possible to paste the command above into the terminal?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/runpy.py”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/client.py”, line 92, in
print(eval(“cli.”+command))
File “”, line 1
cli.get_schedular_target({0} {hostname]

[cryosparc_user@r16763 /]$ cryosparcm cli “get_scheduler_targets()[0][‘hostname’]”
r16763

Hi, is this what you want to see? Lan

Thanks for confirming that.

I think the problem occurs due to a mismatch between
r16763.ttuhsc.edu (includes domain)
and
r16763 (does not include domain)

A workaround would be to let cryoSPARC ignore the domain name.

1. stop cryoSPARC (will affect running jobs):
    cryosparcm stop
  2. make a backup copy of /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/config.sh
  3. append the following line to /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/config.sh:
    export CRYOSPARC_MASTER_HOSTNAME="r16763"
  4. Confirm that the final line of the output of
    tail -n 1 /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/config.sh
    appears exactly as in the previous step (capitalization, no spaces around =, etc.)
  5. start cryoSPARC:
    cryosparcm start

Can you now submit jobs without a password?

[cryosparc_user@r16763 ~]$ cryosparcm start
ERROR: Re-run this command on the master node: r16763.
Alternatively, set CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true in cryosparc_master/config.sh to suppress this error.
If this error message is incorrect, set CRYOSPARC_HOSTNAME_CHECK to the correct hostname in cryosparc_master/config.sh.

I remember that I faced this error when I first run cryosparcm start. then I did CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true

Yes please try appending the line
export CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true
to /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/config.sh
and then
cryosparcm restart

I have this line at line 2.

Well I added this, i have the same error:
[cryosparc_user@r16763 ~]$ cryosparcm start
ERROR: Re-run this command on the master node: r16763.
Alternatively, set CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true in cryosparc_master/config.sh to suppress this error.
If this error message is incorrect, set CRYOSPARC_HOSTNAME_CHECK to the correct hostname in cryosparc_master/config.sh.

After remove the line export CRYOSPARC_MASTER_HOSTNAME="r16763" and the cryosparc can be started. But the open SSH window showed up before the test

CryoSPARC master started.
From this machine, access cryoSPARC at
http://localhost:39000
and access cryoSPARC Live at
http://localhost:39006

There seems to be a confusion about variable names.
The screenshot in your earlier post shows
CRYOSPARC_FORCE_MASTER_HOSTNAME
whereas the valid variable name is shorter:
CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME
Have you tested cryoSPARC with these simultaneous settings:

(other necessary variables inside /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/config.sh not shown here)?

export CRYOSPARC_LICENSE_ID=“XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
export CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH="/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_database"
export CRYOSPARC_BASE_PORT=39000
export CRYOSPARC_DEVELOP=false
export CRYOSPARC_INSECURE=false
export CRYOSPARC_CLICK_WRAP=true
export CRYOSPARC_FORCE_MASTER_HOSTNAME=“r16763”

this is the current version as you suggeste. the problem still exists. any input?
thanks, Lan

What happens if you replace this line with
and restart cryoSPARC?

Great. this change works now. No password request windown appeared up and started to run the job.
Thanks! after give feedback if I can do the presetup-and-run! Lan