IndexError when selecting 1 component of 3DVA in cluster display

Hey All,
My cryosparc version is v3.3.1. One component of my 3DVA represented another conformation of my target protein in simple series mode. Thus, I want to fitler these partcles out from the whole dataset by using cluster display mode. I selected ‘Only use these components: 0’ and only the component was loaded into analysis but an Error was reported after cluster particles as:
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 85, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/var3D/run_disp.py”, line 320, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.var3D.run_disp.run
IndexError: index 1 is out of bounds for axis 1 with size 1

anyone has some idea about it? Thank you very much.
Jianjun

Hi @ChemJ,

We do indeed assume we have at least 2 components for the clustering job. The clustering itself (based on Gaussian Mixture models) will still work on 1 component, but our standard plotting will not. We can fix this in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, perhaps using Intermediates mode with component 0 will suffice? This will effectively cluster the particles based on several equally sized (overlapping) regions along that component dimension.

Valentin

Hi @ChemJ, you can do this, you just need to replace the other components with your desired component (so it is effectively clustering self vs self) using the low level results interface.

Cheers
Oli

1 Like

@ChemJ The fix is included in release 3.3.2.

2 Likes

Hi @wtempel Thank you for this nice update! I’ll have a trial and compare with the result from the intermediate mode as @vperetroukhin suggested.