cufftAllocFailed Error during 3DVA

Hi again,

I got an error after trying to run 3DVA. I am using the latest version of Cryosparc.
My workstation has 4xRTX2080 with 8GB memory on each. I wonder if this is also memory related?

The error:
Start iteration 0 of 20
batch 1 of 335

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/var3D/run.py”, line 533, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.var3D.run.run
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/var3D/run.py”, line 372, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.var3D.run.run.M_step
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newengine.py”, line 438, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newengine.EngineThread.preprocess_image_data
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newengine.py”, line 432, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newengine.EngineThread.preprocess_image_data
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newgfourier.py”, line 22, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newgfourier.get_plan_R2C_2D
File “/data/CRYOSPARC/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/fft.py”, line 127, in init
onembed, ostride, odist, self.fft_type, self.batch)
File “/data/CRYOSPARC/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/cufft.py”, line 742, in cufftMakePlanMany
cufftCheckStatus(status)
File “/data/CRYOSPARC/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/cufft.py”, line 117, in cufftCheckStatus
raise e
cufftAllocFailed

Best,
Omid

Yep, it’s run out of GPU mem. You may need to downsample your particles and rerun refinement prior to 3D-VA

Oli

Thanks Oliver! It is working now