Cryosparc tries to run worker in old directory, cannot find

I’m on centos7, trying to run cryosparc3 with cuda 10.

I had a lot of trouble trying to update my standalone 2.15 installation to 3.0. The worker didn’t update, and when I tried to update worker manually, cuda stopped working. Eventually just moved the database archive (as well as directly copy pasted the unarchived database) elsewhere and deleted everything in the cryosparc folder. I reinstalled everything inside the same cryosparc folder again and then replaced the contents of cryosparc_database with those from what I had before (previously cryosparc2_database). Now when I try to do things (I’ve tried particle extraction and 2d classification so far), I get a brief popup bar at the top of the screen that reads:

[Errno2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/MySoftwares/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/bin/cryosparcw': '/home/user/MySoftwares/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/bin/cryosparcw'

My worker directory no longer has a 2 in it since I reinstalled. Is there a way to get the program to try to find cryosparcw inside of cryosparc_worker instead of non-existent cryosparc2_worker?

Another thing I notice is there is no config.sh inside the worker directory. The installation did seem to potentially end prematurely when it had trouble creating my cryosparc user account (that seems to happen while trying to reinstall inside this cryosparc directory, but replacing the database content with my old database makes the cryosparc user account available to log in with again).

Hi @afrangaj, this indicates that you need to reconnect your worker so that the master module registers the new path in the database, you can do this from the cryosparc_worker directory with the bin/cryosparcw connect command.

See instructions here: https://guide.cryosparc.com/setup-configuration-and-management/how-to-download-install-and-configure/downloading-and-installing-cryosparc#connect-the-standalone-worker-node-to-the-master-node

Be user to use the --update flag to perform the update

Also do you happen to have the any error logs you got when you first tried to update from v2 to v3?

I encountered the exact same issues as @afrangaj above (and had a similar situation). I was updating from version 2.15 to 3, and the installation was unsuccessful through cryosparcm update, so I ended up doing a fresh reinstall of cryoSPARC v3.0 after backing up my database.

I had to perform two steps to fix the worker node issue:

1. Go into the cryosparc_worker directory and run ./install.sh --license <license_id> --cudapath <cuda_path>, where <license_id> and <cuda_path> are your license and path to cuda (e.g. /usr/local/cuda). This step will generate the missing config.sh file.

2. Go into the cryosparc_worker/bin/ directory and run ./cryosparcw connect --worker localhost --master localhost --port <port_number> --ssdpath <ssd_path> --update

@nfrasser @mchakra Thank you both for your advice. I could generate the config.sh in worker as mchakra said and reconnecting the worker seemed to work as well. However now an earlier problem is popping up, where jobs fail with:

File "/u/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py", line 1711, in run_with_except_hook 
    run_old(*args, **kw) 
File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 129, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run 
File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 130, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run 
File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py", line 997, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.process.work 
File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py", line 106, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.EngineThread.load_image_data_gpu 
File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/gfourier.py", line 33, in cryosparc_compute.engine.gfourier.fft2_on_gpu_inplace 
File "/u/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skcuda/fft.py", line 102, in __init__ 
    capability = misc.get_compute_capability(misc.get_current_device()) 
File "/u/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skcuda/misc.py", line 254, in get_current_device 
    return drv.Device(cuda.cudaGetDevice()) 
File "/u/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skcuda/cudart.py", line 767, in cudaGetDevice 
    cudaCheckStatus(status) 
File "/u/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/skcuda/cudart.py", line 565, in cudaCheckStatus 
    raise e 
skcuda.cudart.cudaErrorInsufficientDriver

I’m on driver 410.79, and nvidia-smi seems to work and still asserts I’m on cuda 10. Is there a new higher driver minimum for c3?

Hey @afrangaj, please try this for for further troubleshooting:

1. The output of the nvidia-smi command
  2. Open the file cryosparc_worker/config.sh and look for the line that starts with export CRYOSPARC_CUDA_PATH=. Send me the whole line
  3. Navigate to cryosparc_worker/ via command line. Run the these commands and send me the output
    eval $(bin/cryosparcw env)
    which nvcc
    nvcc --version

Let me know if you have any trouble with that

Hi,
in config.sh

export CRYOSPARC_CUDA_PATH="/usr/local/cuda"

This is liked with /usr/local/cuda-10.0

Nvidia-smi

[exx@c105213 cryosparc_worker]$ nvidia-smi
Thu Dec 10 13:04:15 2020       
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 410.79       Driver Version: 410.79       CUDA Version: 10.0     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce RTX 2080    On   | 00000000:3B:00.0  On |                  N/A |
| 22%   35C    P8    24W / 215W |    147MiB /  7951MiB |      1%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce RTX 2080    On   | 00000000:5E:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 22%   35C    P8    19W / 215W |      0MiB /  7952MiB |      0%      Default |
|   2  GeForce RTX 2080    On   | 00000000:AF:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 23%   32C    P8    19W / 215W |      0MiB /  7952MiB |      0%      Default |
|   3  GeForce RTX 2080    On   | 00000000:D8:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 23%   32C    P8    21W / 215W |      0MiB /  7952MiB |      0%      Default |

| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0      8942      G   /usr/bin/X                                    66MiB |
|    0      9800      G   /usr/bin/gnome-shell                          72MiB |
|    0     31353      G   /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox                     6MiB |
nvcc --version
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2018 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Sat_Aug_25_21:08:01_CDT_2018
Cuda compilation tools, release 10.0, V10.0.130

Now I am trying to install new cuda 10.1 toolkit and nvidia driver 455.

After installing driver 455.45.01 and cuda 10.1, I started cryosparc again and thinks look like they are running so far. Thanks for all the help. Looking forward to using the new features.

2 Likes