Accessing license server using proxy

I have installed cryoSPARC on a GPU node in a cluster and recently the internet connection from compute nodes has been blocked. I see here a similar issue but the solution was whitelisting the address. Is there any proxy-based solution? Or a local license file that I can use?

Hi @hpourreza,

In order for cryoSPARC to function you are required to have a connection to the internet or https://get.cryosparc.com from the master instance. If any nodes cannot connect to the internet but can communicate with the master instance, cryoSPARC will still work.

- Suhail

Many thanks @sdawood for the reply. Is it possible to move master to another node without reinstalling the software?

Hi @hpourreza,

I’m assuming you haven’t been able to run any jobs due to the internet connection issue?

I would suggest just deleting your current instance of cryoSPARC and follow our cluster installation instructions. That will allow you to have the cryoSPARC master instance running outside of the cluster (and with internet connection) and be able to spawn or submit jobs to a cluster scheduler system like SLURM/PBS/Torque/etc.

- Suhail