Weird data loading error

Hi,

I installed CryoSPARC on a GPU machine quite a while ago and have used it for a number of tries including the test TRVP1 data set without issues. Recently, the GPU machine was relocated to another place behind a firewall. I ran into issues when I tried to run CryoSPARC remotely from a Windows computer. One issue is that I cannot load the TRPV1 test data as I did before (error of which is copied below). Originally I thought it is an issue with remote access only. After I double check on the computer locally. I got the same error. Can someone take a look and give some clue? By the way, I found it works fine with particle files that generated locally e.g. particle.star generated by Extract in Relion.

Launched job 2n8m52vddkphwQK3x
License is valid.
Job Type: visualize_dataset Job ID: 2n8m52vddkphwQK3x
Assigned Slots: RAM: None GPU: None
Visualizing Dataset ID qv22d7YmoqLbGhwKC
Loading Dataset …
---- Loading File Set. Type: star Path: /mnt/data1/software/cryosparc/run/bulk/./local_fs/home/user/TRPV1/empiar10005_trpv1.star
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/mnt/data1/software/cryosparc/cryosparc-compute/sparcjob.py”, line 118, in
dataset = dataio.dataset_factory(current_dataset_params, do_cache=False, do_datasign_estimation=False)
File “/mnt/data1/software/cryosparc/cryosparc-compute/dataio/init.py”, line 18, in dataset_factory
do_cache=do_cache)
File “/mnt/data1/software/cryosparc/cryosparc-compute/dataio/load.py”, line 63, in filesets_into_dataset
images = extension_map[meta_type](dataset, meta_input)
File “/mnt/data1/software/cryosparc/cryosparc-compute/dataio/load.py”, line 307, in star_into_dataset
assert (‘rlnDetectorPixelSize’ in labels and ‘rlnMagnification’ in labels) or ‘psize’ in dataset.mscope_params, “The input star file does not contain rlnDetectorPixelSize and rlnMagnification, and a pixel size (psize) was not set in dataset creation.”
AssertionError: The input star file does not contain rlnDetectorPixelSize and rlnMagnification, and a pixel size (psize) was not set in dataset creation.

Thanks,

Guobin Hu

Hi Guobin

I’m not a cryosparc expert but the error quoted above seems to want the rlnDetector pixelsize and mag .Magnification is a place-holder value in relion2 but pixel size is definitely needed.Is something weird with your star file?

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your attention and reply! What you pointed out does make sense to me. On the other hand, the input file is actually the TRPV1 test data I downloaded and which I tested before. Fortunately, I tested a few the files that were generated locally and the program works.

Best,

Guobin

Just an update for the issue. I was able to load the data when I input both meta data file and image data file at the same time.