WebGui slow and jobs not running

Hi!
I updated recently to 3.1 from 3.0.1 and everything was working fine. I was running out of space on the hard drive where I had my project so I decided to move the motion-corrected micrographs into another drive and link them back (while cryosparc was stopped; I have done similar things before and did not encounter problems). After restarting the software now the gui starts to become unresponsive after a minute or so and jobs do start, but reach a timeout.
Here is the log for command_core:

[EXPORT_JOB] :    Done. Exported in 0.01s
[EXPORT_JOB] :    Updating job manifest...
[EXPORT_JOB] :    Done. Updated in 0.00s
[EXPORT_JOB] : Exported P6 J1037 in 0.02s
---------- Scheduler running ---------------
Jobs Queued:  [('P6', 'J1037')]
Licenses currently active : 0
Now trying to schedule J1037
  Need slots :  {'CPU': 2, 'GPU': 1, 'RAM': 1}
  Need fixed :  {'SSD': True}
  Master direct :  False
   Scheduling job to klug
Failed to connect link: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Not a commercial instance - heartbeat set to 12 hours.
     Launchable! -- Launching.
Changed job P6.J1037 status launched
      Running project UID P6 job UID J1037
        Running job on worker type node
        Running job using:  /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker_cuda-10.2/bin/cryosparcw
---------- Scheduler finished ---------------
Changed job P6.J1037 status started
Changed job P6.J1037 status running
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exporting project P1...
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : /media/usbdisk6/larsson/P1 does not exist. Skipping export of P1
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exporting project P2...
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exported project P2 to /media/usbdisk9/adrian/cryosparc_projects/P2/project.json in 0.00s
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exporting project P3...
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exported project P3 to /media/usbdisk6/larsson/cryosparc_projects/P3/project.json in 0.00s
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exporting project P4...
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exported project P4 to /media/usbdisk9/adrian/cryosparc_projects/P4/project.json in 0.00s
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exporting project P5...
[EXPORT_PROJECT] : Exported project P5 to /media/usbdisk9/adrian/cryosparc_projects/P5/project.json in 0.00s
---- Killing project UID P6 job UID J1037

Here I killed the job manually because I saw it was not working.
and command_rtp:

2021-03-01 08:31:47,087     RTP                   INFO     Finished migrating P6 S1 in 0.60s
2021-03-01 09:12:02,393     RTP                   INFO      === STARTED ===
2021-03-01 09:12:02,393     RTP.BACKGROUND_WORKER INFO      === STARTED ===
 * Serving Flask app "rtp_manager" (lazy loading)
 * Environment: production
   WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.
   Use a production WSGI server instead.
 * Debug mode: off
2021-03-01 09:13:03,389     RTP                   INFO     Finished migrating P6 S1 in 0.58s
2021-03-01 09:39:37,834     RTP                   INFO      === STARTED ===
2021-03-01 09:39:37,835     RTP.BACKGROUND_WORKER INFO      === STARTED ===
   WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.
2021-03-01 09:40:38,828     RTP                   INFO     Finished migrating P6 S1 in 0.58s
2021-03-01 10:14:19,172     RTP                   INFO      === STARTED ===
2021-03-01 10:14:19,172     RTP.BACKGROUND_WORKER INFO      === STARTED ===
2021-03-01 10:15:20,197     RTP                   INFO     Finished migrating P6 S1 in 0.60s
2021-03-01 10:35:34,754     RTP                   INFO      === STARTED ===
2021-03-01 10:35:34,754     RTP.BACKGROUND_WORKER INFO      === STARTED ===
2021-03-01 10:36:35,784     RTP                   INFO     Finished migrating P6 S1 in 0.63s

I tried re-installing the dependencies of the master, as well as restarting several times, but without any luck.
Interestingly, I could launch an inspect picks job and see the micrographs that I had linked. But other types of jobs seem not to be working.
It seems this problem is similar to this post: Cannot create new job (or clone etc). Webgui is not responsive
Thank you.

Hi @AdrianGL,

Thanks for reporting. Can you explain what you’re experiencing when you run other types of jobs?
Are you getting an error?
Are the jobs stuck in a specific status?
What kinds of jobs did you try running?

Hi,
I rolled back to v3.0.1 (through a fresh clean install) and a database backup I had from last week but it seems the problem persists. Now I was able to run jobs, but they take a super long time to start. After starting, the jobs take the usual time. In general that is what happens when I try to create jobs, the gui behaves slow and it takes a long time for jobs to start. Even browsing files (like when importing micrographs) is very slow and it takes a long time to display the files.
Any idea what can be causing the problem? I was thinking I might have a problem with that hard drive, but it also happens with other projects that I have allocated in a different hard drive.

The problem seems to be related to accessing (or writing) the cache in the SSD, which lags the whole gui. I got it working but then the problem appeared again (when I re-updated to 3.1). I’m testing again after rolling back again to 3.0.1. Erasing the cache seemed to help but the problem appeared again.

After cryosparc was left started for a few hours it now works as before. I will update if the problem arises again after a restart.

Thanks for the update @AdrianGL, please let us know what happens.

Hi again,
I decided to try to update to v3.1 and when the gui started, everything went slow again. However, after waiting a few hours after the restart, cryoSPARC is working as before. I am not sure what is causing the problem, but at least it is only just after starting it.