ValueError: operands could not be broadcast together with shapes

Hello!
I have been getting this error a lot lately. It normally occurs with ab-initio reconstruction, heterogeneous and homogeneous refinements jobs. Sometimes simply cloning and rerunning the job solves the problem, other times not. It also happens with or without a user supplied mask.The full error message is below.
Any ideas to what is going on would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

[CPU: 1.52 GB]   Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.py", line 82, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/abinit/run.py", line 327, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.abinit.run.run_homo_abinit
  File "cryosparc2_compute/sigproc.py", line 386, in rotational_average
    n.bincount(ir+1, weights=f*M, minlength=maxRadius)
ValueError: operands could not be broadcast together with shapes (56,) (171,)

Hi @BWise,

Could you tell us the box size of particles you are running?

Hello!
I’ve tried with 2 box sizes: 500 and 550 pix (pixel size is 0.82 Å).

Hi,
I ran into similar error but with patch ctf estimate.
I am running v3.10. The “patch CTF estimate” job will run 150 out of 396 micrographs and stop with the following error. I tried 1 and 3 GPUs (GTX2080) with the same result. The strange thing is that the job ran to completion in v2.15 a few month ago. I could export the particles I picked earlier and combine with new results for 2D classification. But I would like to run “template particle pick” together. Thanks for your advise.
The wire

Hi Ricky, have you figured out the reason for this error? I also ran into the same error.

Thanks,

Gigi

@Gigi Are you running the latest version? If not, can you update your instance and let us know if the problem persists?

Yes, we have updated and problem solved. Thanks a lot for your reply.