Update to v2.15 > ERROR

Hi,

I tried to update to v2.15 the same as I always do on our cluster, but this time, it ended with this error message:

ERROR: Re-run this command on the master node: ws-0001.cm.cluster.

Alternatively, set CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true in cryosparc2_master/config.sh to suppress this error.

If this error message is incorrect, set CRYOSPARC_HOSTNAME_CHECK to the correct hostname in cryosparc2_master/config.sh.

I am not sure why, because nothing has changed on our side and I do always ssh to the master node before running it.

Now this message appears all the time, even when I do
cryosparcm update --check

Can you please tell me what’s the good thing to do? Neither "CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME" nor "CRYOSPARC_HOSTNAME_CHECK" currently exists in cryosparc2_master/config.sh. I have though a "export CRYOSPARC_MASTER_HOSTNAME="ws-0001.cm.cluster".

How can I know if I should add
export CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true
or
export CRYOSPARC_HOSTNAME_CHECK="ws-0001.cm.cluster"?

(that second one though seems redundant with CRYOSPARC_MASTER_HOSTNAME. Can you please clarify this error message?

Thanks,
Best,
Nicolas

Hi @ncoudray,

You should be able to set export CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME=true in your cryosparc2_master/config.sh, and that will bypass this error.

You’re correct, the second variable is redundant. If you’re on another machine, and try to run cryosparcm status while this variable is set, it will allow you to, which is the same as setting CRYOSPARC_FORCE_HOSTNAME, which is more straightforward.

Placing export CRYOSPARC_HOSTNAME_CHECK="ws-0001.cm.cluster" in cryosparc2_master/config.sh would tell the function that is checking the current machine’s hostname to use this value instead of the hostname that it’s deriving on its own. Sometimes the hostname function doesn’t return the same value as the hostname that is set in the config.sh file as CRYOSPARC_MASTER_HOSTNAME.

For more information, see our new guide:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @stephan for the quick reply!

Dear @stephan I had the same issue, and I have similarly changed the config.sh file to:

But when I try to start cryosparc I get the following:

Starting cryoSPARC System master process…

CryoSPARC is not already running.

database: ERROR (spawn error)

command_core: ERROR (spawn error)

cryosparc command core startup complete.

command_vis: started

command_proxy: ERROR (spawn error)

command_rtp: started

cryosparc live startup complete.

webapp: started

app: started

CryoSPARC master started.

From this machine, access cryoSPARC at

http://localhost:38000

and the web interface does not load.
Any ideas suggestions? or should I revert back to the previous version?
Thanks

Hey @stavros,

Is it possible if you can post the output of cryosparcm log database and cryosparcm log command_core?