Unable to Submit Inputs for Jobs

Hello everyone,

Ever since I updated to the most recent version of cryosparc, I have been unable to submit inputs necessary for job submission such as particles and volumes. When I try to drag and place the input, it does not show that it has been placed. However, when I try to put the input in again, it gives me an error message that inputs can’t be placed repeatedly. Although it is registering an input, it will not allow me to queue the job and the job does not show the input. Any ideas on how to approach this would be very helpful.

Hi @adtaheri, would you be able to share any screenshots of the job builder after attempting to drag inputs, and the message you receive/what the screen looks like when you try to queue a job? Thanks!

Job after submitting inputs for volume, particle, mask:

Job after trying to resubmit the same inputs:

The queue button is still inactive

We tried to reinstall but that does not help.

What allows me to run jobs is the following: I’ll create a job, put in the inputs like I did above. Then, I ask our system administrator to change the permissions of the job so read write and execute are possible for all users. Then, I will clone the job within the GUI, leading to a replicated job with the inputs actually showing. I can only then execute jobs that are clones of this job showing the inputs.

We tried adding my username to the user group that is the system administrator. This did not work either.

Any advice on next steps?

Hi @adtaheri,

Are you still experiencing issues with the job builder? If so, please report the outputs of the following terminal commands:

cryosparcm log command_core
cryosparcm log database

Thanks

It was resolved by another reinstallation. Thank you!

Hi there,

I am having exactly the same problem as adtaheri described. I am using v3.3.1+220118. What are the likely causes for this problem, and what are the solutions? We have two cryoSPARC servers, and I am having this problem with only one of the servers. It seems I am the only one having the problem; other people don’t have any problems. I am using a MacBook remotely connecting to the server through Safari or Chrome, both browsers having the same problem. I can refresh the browser and/or clone the job to get around the problem, but it is very inconvenient.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi @shuishu,

Please report the outputs of the following terminal commands:

cryosparcm log database

Thanks

Hi @sdawood ,

Thanks for your reply. I am working with our account admin to get those command outputs; I cannot run those commands in my account. Since I am the only user having this issue, I am not sure how relevant are the outputs from cryosparm commands.

Hi @shuishu ,

Thank you for the additional information. As you have mentioned, since you are the only user facing this issue, it may be a problem on the client/browser side. When you encounter this issue again, please open up your browser console (right click → inspect element → click ‘console’ tab) and paste any error message you see.

- Suhail

We have exactly the same problem, affecting all users of an instance. However, in our case, we can just reload the browser page and the inputs will then appear. As soon as it starts happening, the only way to fix the behavior is by restarting cryoSPARC. Also, after hitting ‘Queue’ the job does not appear to actually be queued (even though it is). Again, refreshing browser is necessary to see it properly shown as ‘Launched’. Since restarting kills all running jibs, we often wait until there are not too many jobs running, and in this time everybody is ‘make new job’ → ‘drag in inputs’ → ‘reload browser page’ → ‘inputs are now in, so we can queue the job’ → ‘job still shown as building’ → ‘reload browser’ → ‘see job as running’ for every single job and every single input group. Highly annoying and frustrating, especially when queuing up many jobs. We are managed by sbgrid, and I believe you have already received a detailed error report. I just wanted to bump that up again as ‘not solved’.

Hi @sdawood ,

Thanks for your help and the instructions to troubleshoot. The problem somehow went away without anyone doing anything. The job builder can now properly show the dragged-in inputs and the queue button activated. I checked the console log and did see an error as follows.

[Error] Viewport argument key “minimal-ui” not recognized and ignored. (ai-hpcgpuvrc1.niaid.nih.gov, line 6)

@Moritz , In my case when cryoSparc job builder had problems, refreshing the browser would close job builder for inputs, and the only way to run the job is to click on the “queue job” or “queue job on default” that showed up in job details and then refresh the browser again.

Hi @Moritz,

To confirm, the actions (dragging an job output into an input slot, clicking queue) are triggered but the web application interface doesn’t show the update until refreshing the browser?

This is quite odd. Is it possible to have someone send our team (via discussion forum or email, feedback@structura.bio) some logs?

cryosparcm log database
cryosparcm log webapp

Yes, this is what’s happening! Of course, we’ll send the logs