Template picking cannot append datasets

My template picking job ended with Cannot append datasets that contain the same UIDs unless taking the union. I marked it as complete, but it has 0 particle and micrographs counted in output. Any way to salvage it? And can clearing and re-importing micrographs cause this?

Hey @DanielAsarnow,

Sorry about the huge time loss- this error is very rare, especially since a brand new dataset is created for every micrograph, and the UID’s are basically guaranteed to be random (4 billion particles in one job before seeing the possibility of a collision). Are you on the latest version of cryoSPARC?
Unfortunately, no, it doesn’t seem like there is any way to salvage it because all the dataset information was only stored in memory at that point in the code execution.

Hi @stephan !

As a heads up, I also just got this issue today using the web-based cryoSPARC. Ran the job again and it’s resolved, but I figured I’d let you know!

Thanks,
Kate

Hey @kmradford,

Thanks for reporting this- there is a very slim chance this will happen to you again, but we’ve recorded this in our issue tracker just incase!