Switch admin in CS

Hi,
Few hours ago my CS database crashed due to unknown reason. When I went to reboot CS using cryosparcm start, it gave me database error (spwan error).
I followed the https://discuss.cryosparc.com/t/database-error-spawn-error-during-update/2358/8 thread to make CS running again.
However, I can not see any threads of CS running.
Now if I do cryosparcm start, it gives me following error.
`[user@c101030 bin]$ ./cryosparcm restart

CryoSPARC is not already running.
    If you would like to restart, use cryosparcm restart
    Starting cryoSPARC System master process..
    CryoSPARC is not already running.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/bin/supervisord", line 11, in <module>
        load_entry_point('supervisor==3.3.3', 'console_scripts', 'supervisord')()
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/supervisord.py", line 363, in main
        go(options)
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/supervisord.py", line 373, in go
        d.main()
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/supervisord.py", line 78, in main
        info_messages)
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/options.py", line 1404, in make_logger
        stdout = self.nodaemon,
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/loggers.py", line 346, in getLogger
        handlers.append(RotatingFileHandler(filename,'a',maxbytes,backups))
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/loggers.py", line 172, in __init__
        FileHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode)
      File "/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/supervisor/loggers.py", line 98, in __init__
        self.stream = open(filename, mode)
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/cryoSPARC_v2/cryosparc2_master/run/supervisord.log' `

Possibly because I’m not the admin when it was installed.
Since the admin used to be a former fellow in our group, is there any way to change the admin rights in CS ? Hopefully that might help to run CS and resolve disk error.
Please suggest.

Hi @diffracteD,

As you suspected, the command is failing because the Linux user account you are logged in as does not have permission to read/write certain files within the cryoSPARC installation directory. Is it possible to have a system administrator give you access to the location on disk ( /home/cryoSPARC_v2)?

Alternatively you can re-install cryoSPARC on an area in the file system in which you have access to and have someone with permissions to the old installation location help you to migrate the database: https://guide.cryosparc.com/processing-data/tutorials-and-case-studies/tutorial-migrating-your-cryosparc-instance#c-moving-the-cryosparc-database