Requested files are locked (when caching)

Hi cryosparc community,

I am having trouble with a ‘requested files are locked’ error whenever I try to run any job with cache particle images on SSD (on different gpus) - for jobs like 3DVA, there is no way I can run without caching as it will take weeks. No idea why this is happening - I’ve attempted solutions from now quite old posts about similar (though not identical) errors, rerunning jobs without caching and using those outputs, as well as running the jobs from a new workspace.

Any reasons/solutions/ideas anyone could offer for this would be much appreciated.

All the best and many thanks,

Billy

See below:

[CPU: 1.03 GB] Reading particle stack…
[CPU: 1.06 GB] Windowing particles
[CPU: 1.06 GB] Done.
[CPU: 1.06 GB] SSD cache : cache successfuly synced in_use
[CPU: 1.06 GB] SSD cache : cache successfuly synced, found 0.00MB of files on SSD.
[CPU: 1.06 GB] SSD cache : requested files are locked for past 266s, checking again in 5s

Have you tried deleting the cache/directory? Are permissions correct for the user running cryoSPARC? The fact that it is finding 0 MB of files… it either can’t create the cache or can’t read what is already there. Check dmesg to see if there have been any problems with the SSD drive which may have forced a remount as read only, or if the filesystem has been corrupted.

hi I have the same problem,have you figure it out?

[CPU: 2.76 GB] Using random seed of 1806626834

[CPU: 2.76 GB] Loading a ParticleStack with 3392988 items…

[CPU: 2.76 GB] SSD cache : cache successfuly synced in_use

[CPU: 2.76 GB] SSD cache : cache successfuly synced, found 34287.86MB of files on SSD.

[CPU: 2.76 GB] SSD cache : requested files are locked for past 363s, checking again in 5s

If the particles are being written elsewhere, even on different project/workspace/computation node etc, then they cannot be accessed. this is the intended function and thus it waits until that operation is finished and then resumes.