Remove a cluster

Hi,
On my clustered cryosparc system, I added a cluster, in the name of the cluster I had added spaces in the name that it looks like “HI gpu cluster”. I realized that I can’t easily access it via the api because the spaces break the python api calls. I added two more ‘clusters’ with the properly formatted name (no spaces) and that is working fine. I can’t remove the “HI gpu cluster” now because of the spaces, is there another way to remove this cluster from the cryosparc database?
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi @jmcdonal,

https://guide.cryosparc.com/setup-configuration-and-management/how-to-download-install-and-configure/downloading-and-installing-cryosparc#connecting-a-worker-node-or-cluster-workload-manager

cryosparcm cluster remove <name>

# removes a cluster configuration from the scheduler

Thanks Stephan, I did try that as well as a number of variations (single quotes, single+double, etc) of trying to pass the string:

% cryosparcm cluster remove "HI gpu cluster"
HI gpu cluster
Removing cluster HI gpu cluster

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/atavium/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/atavium/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/atavium/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/client.py", line 83, in <module>
    print eval("cli."+command)
  File "<string>", line 1
    cli.remove_scheduler_target_cluster("HI
                                          ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

Hello all,

I have the same issue. Unfortunately I gave quite information on the lane name without spaces…
grep 'name' cluster_info.json: "name" : "nodes with slurm pinning and SSD",
My bad, but … did you find out how to run cryosparcm cluster remove, or how to remove it?

Thanks…

Hi @jmcdonal, @jucastil,

Is it possible if you can try deleting the lane from your instance via the CLI?

cryosparcm cli "remove_scheduler_lane('HI gpu cluster')"

if that doesn’t work, try this command:

cryosparcm cli "remove_scheduler_target_cluster('HI gpu cluster')"

2 Likes

Hello @stephan @jmcdonal,

Sorry for the delay but the lane was in use :wink:
I can confirm that in our case
cryosparcm cli "remove_scheduler_lane('nodes with slurm pinning and SSD')"
worked ( version: v2.16.1-live_deeppick_privatebeta, slurm 20.02.4).
After deletion I’ve added the line again with the new name (and a new cache size :smiley:).
Thanks Stephan for the info!

1 Like

That worked, thanks.
Jeff

1 Like