Recover projects after software reinstallation

Hello,
I reinstall Cryosparc from scratch and I can’t see my old projects (the data was not deleted since I can still see the files in the terminal). I was wondering if there is a way to see them in cryosparc.
Thanks in advance

Eduardo

Hi @bruch,

When you reinstalled cryoSPARC, did you specify the same database directory as your previous installation? All metadata that points to projects and their jobs is maintained in the database.

Hello,
Unfortunately I overwrite the database.
There were only two short projects so I think the easiest way will be to recover the data I need directly from the folder and import it back.
Thanks for the answer.

Eduardo

Hi stephan, how can I specify the database directory as my previous one? I wonder if I copy folder cryosparc2_db from the previous installled location to the new installed one it will work?

I understand you want to re-use the database of an old CryoSPARC installation with a new CryoSPARC installation?
If so and :

1. Completely stop both CryoSPARC installations (“instances”). Specifically, ensure that not mongod processes are running.
  2. Copy the old database directory (see precautions) to a path that the new CryoSPARC instance can access, like /new/path/to/cryosparc_database.
  3. Edit the new CryoSPARC instance’s cryosparc_master/config.sh to change the CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH definition:
    export CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH="/new/path/to/cryosparc_database"

4. Start the new CryoSPARC instance. You may use the commands
    cryosparcm listusers
    cryosparcm cli "get_scheduler_targets()"

to confirm that the new CryoSPARC instance replicates the old instance’s user records and worker configuration.
    [Edited: correct a directory path]

Hi, thank you for your answer.
Finally I solve the problem by importing attached project to the new installation. I just wonder (for the next time) if the database directory is the cryosparc_master/cryosparc2_db ? As when I checked my old and new installation, both in the cryosparc_master/config.sh, CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH is defined by cryosparc_master/cryosparc2_db

1. cryosparc_master/cryosparc2_db is not an absolute path. Do the old and new cryosparc_master/config.sh have matching absolute path definitions of CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH?
  2. I have not tested the case where $CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH is placed inside cryosparc_master/, and whether this could cause problems during CryoSPARC software maintenance. More typically, $CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH is defined as outside, for example next to, the cryosparc_master/ directory.
  3. Could the copy of the old database have failed to be recognized because the database was copied to a subdirectory of $CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH such that the copy ended up atcryosparc_db2/cryosparc_db2/?

Hi wtempel, you are correct, the problem come from cryosparc2_db is inside cryosparc_master folder.

1. the new installation has cryosparc2_db outside next to cryosparc_master folder while the old one has cryosparc2_db inside cryosparc_master folder. But both have the CRYOSPARC_DB_PATH is defined by cryosparc2_db.
  2. I just tested to let the old cryosparc2_db outside and start cryosparcm again and it works perfectly fine now.

Many thanks,
Phong