Recover password?

one of our users has forgotten his password. when we try to recover the password via email from the webpage a yellow window pops up with “Internal Server Error”. sending a simple mail from the commandline with unix program works on the same computer. can we lookup some logfiles somewhere?

Hi Wolfgang,

That’s strange, typically the email is sent out successfully. Could you email us the contents of cryosparc/run/meteor.log to feedback@structura.bio?

We’ll also work on a password reset option through the admin panel, that way no emails will need to be sent out.

Thanks,
Suhail

Hi Wolfgang,

I’ve looked into the log you sent - it looks like there was an issue validating that email you used to try to recover the password. The email has to match your cryoSPARC account.

Thanks,
Suhail

hi suhail,
i made a test installation to try out cryosparc for our group. this means we have various users on the same installation.
i was told that the email was correct and matched the cryosparc user.
cheers,
wolfgang

Glad it worked!

Suhail

sorry, i did not make it clear. if did NOT work, even with the correct email address.
cheers,
wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry for the delay and the misunderstanding. We’ve tested the password reset functionality on our production instances and there doesn’t seem to be an issue. For some reason, the email (sent through SMTP) is not sending on your instance. There are three ways to get around this:

1. Updating the password through the database (MongoDB that cryoSPARC sets up on your machine)
  2. Wait for a new update to cryoSPARC that allows for admins to reset passwords without sending emails.
  3. Create a new user account, the previously experiments will still be available within cryoSPARC

Let me know how you’d like to proceed!

Thanks,
Suhail

Hi all,

FYI there is a new feature in the latest cryosparc v0.5.6 that allows you to reset a password from the command line, on the machine running cryosparc.

Make sure cryosparc is running, then:

cryosparc resetpassword <user email> <new password>

Ali