Projects aren't being created

Hello All,

I’ve been facing this technical problem when trying to create new projects
Unable to create project: ServerError: validation error: instance id mismatch for P15. Expected None, actual None. This indicates that P15 was attached to another cryoSPARC instance without detaching from this one.

somehow, even after this error, the project seems to be created in my list of projects,

when i try to delete it form there, I get this error
Unable to delete P16: ServerError: validation error: instance id mismatch for P16. Expected None, actual None. This indicates that P16 was attached to another cryoSPARC instance without detaching from this one.

if try to access it from there and create a new workspace,
Unable to create workspace: ServerError: validation error: lock file for P1 at /scratch/project/protein/18-05/CS-live-session-04-05/cs.lock absent or otherwise inaccessible.

i get this error.

I have no idea how to go about this problem. I’ve face some issue with it so this is now a fresh installation. i deleted the previous installation and cleared the previous projects from that directory, so there should be no traces remaining of any previous instances.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

@newbie Please can you confirm the following details:

1. Are trying to create a new project, or to continue processing inside a project that may have been created on a different CryoSPARC instance.

2. Do more than one CryoSPARC instance have potential access to the project directory? If so:

• What are the CryoSPARC versions?
    • Have any of these CryoSPARC instances been upgraded from an earlier (which?) version?

Please note: A project directory must must be managed by exactly one CryoSPARC instance. Older version of CryoSPARC may not prevent access to a project directory by additional CryoSPARC instance, but such access is likely to corrupt the project directory and/or CryoSPARC database(s).

Hello,

thank you for your response.

The problem was probably due to an incomplete uninstallation of a previous cryosparc instance. after uninstalling it yet again and clearing up some processes that were in the ports and adding a new installation it finally works now.

1 Like