Problems installing cryosparc on workstation Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Hello,

I am trying to install cryosparc on a workstation with Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, but I dont seem to be able to get it working.

I am following the guidelines for a standalone system. command: ./install.sh --standalone --license $LICENSE_ID --worker_path /home/wvputte/EMpackages/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker --cudapath /usr/local/cuda --ssdpath /home/wvputte/Documents/cryosparc_cache --initial_email “XXXX” --initial_password “XXXX” --initial_name “XXXX”

I dont see any errors in the installation output of all packages, except these lines maybe:

Starting cryoSPARC System master process…
CryoSPARC is not already running.
database: started
command_core: started

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

For the rest I dont see any irregularities. The installation continuous and states successfully completed for both master and worker. However, when trying to start in the browser, the content of browser does not seem to load and remains blank. Secondly when using the command-line, it does not respond to commands such as cryosparcm although the bashrc path is correct and the pc or terminal has been restarted:

# Added by cryoSPARC:
export PATH=/home/wvputte/EMpackages/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/bin:$PATH

suggestions?

best,
W

did you create a separate user like cryosparc_user as written in the manual?

Dear Alex,

Yes, I believe so. The workstation is only used by me and I hence just installed it within the home folder (Ubuntu) under Documents and a folder I created (Cryo-EM packages), so the user doesn’t need the login as admin to access (read/write) in these folders.

Should I send you the full installation output as txt file?

best,

Wouter

Hi Wouter
for me (i installed on several GPU stations), it was crucial to create a separate user (cryosparc_user) and install it as cryosparc_user. It did not work when i installed it as a regular user (me) or as root…
HTH,
Alex