Output particles in "intermediates" mode of 3D-variability display?

@vperetroukhin
I did 3DVA using an older version before. Only the 3DVA display was done with v3.3.1. I guess that should not matter.

@donghuachen that is quite strange. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Is it possible for you to run a new test 3DVA job (you can set the parameter Only use this many particles to something small to minimize run time) and see if you can replicate the same behaviour?

@vperetroukhin
I can try. Also I noticed that your job output is slightly different from mine. Yours had an additional line “Outputting intermediate frame particles for component 1, frame 0…” while my job did not have that. Is the problem right there? Thanks!

Ah great catch. Yes, that would definitely be why you’re not seeing the outputs. However that line should definitely appear in the log if the output particle subsets parameter is set to true. I may ask you to DM me the entire job log if running the new 3DVA job doesn’t reveal something obvious.

@vperetroukhin I did a test for 3DVA and 3DVA Display with smaller number of particles and still got zero particles. I will DM you the entire job log.

As @vperetroukhin suggested, I did the forced update for both Master and Worker. I got this expected error with component 10 (total components are 3 only):
[CPU: 407.2 MB] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 85, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/var3D/run_disp.py”, line 105, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.var3D.run_disp.run
AssertionError: Component selected for particle output must be specified as an integer from 0 to 2.

When I was trying component 1 and got the normal log. Now it seems to be working. Forced update did the trick! Greatly appreciate the help!

[CPU: 1.96 GB] Reconstructing component 1 frame 0
[CPU: 1.96 GB] Reconstructing from 4138 images…
[CPU: 1.96 GB] batch 5 of 5
[CPU: 2.21 GB] Outputting intermediate frame particles for component 1, frame 0…
[CPU: 2.21 GB] …done.
[CPU: 2.21 GB] Reconstructing component 1 frame 1
[CPU: 2.09 GB] Reconstructing from 5765 images…
[CPU: 2.09 GB] batch 6 of 6
[CPU: 2.09 GB] Outputting intermediate frame particles for component 1, frame 1…
[CPU: 2.09 GB] …done.
[CPU: 2.09 GB] Reconstructing component 1 frame 2
[CPU: 1.96 GB] Reconstructing from 8047 images…
[CPU: 1.96 GB] batch 9 of 9
[CPU: 2.21 GB] Outputting intermediate frame particles for component 1, frame 2…
[CPU: 2.09 GB] Reconstructing component 1 frame 3
[CPU: 1.96 GB] Reconstructing from 10952 images…
[CPU: 1.96 GB] batch 11 of 11
[CPU: 2.09 GB] Outputting intermediate frame particles for component 1, frame 3…

2 Likes