Orientation diagnostics fails

I had three sucessful run with all default options, but for a poarticular particle set this orientation diagnostic failed with the following message. The job just stopped as soon as it was on the GPU queue.
Any ideas what’s going on. We have recently updated to v4.4.1, for first three jobs was so happy with the results and then this …

"
CPU: 218.0 MB]

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 95, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/utilities/run_orientation_diagnostics.py”, line 63, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.utilities.run_orientation_diagnostics.run
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/utilities/run_orientation_diagnostics.py”, line 53, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.utilities.run_orientation_diagnostics.run.load_volume
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable"

One Additional info - I could see that the job for which the orientation diagnostics failed was killed and was marked complete because it was going forever. So @apunjani is this a limitation that if the job like local refinemnt is killed by the user and marked complete it canot be used for the Orientation diagnostics analysis.

Hi @Man_at_Work

Thanks for reporting this! This is indeed a current limitation (i.e., bug) with Orientation Diagnostics and upstream refinement jobs that have been ‘marked as completed’. The bug is related to how we handle ‘posterior precision’ data (which is missing if a refinement job is halted prior to the final iteration). We’ve noted this!

There is a workaround that should work for now – if you open up the low level slots for the OD job and remove the precision input slot, the job should complete without issue.

Let me know if that fixes things for you!

Valentin