New refinement in 2.12 produces errors

Hi I did try the new refinement on different lanes and different projects but I consistently get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc2_compute/jobs/runcommon.py", line 1489, in run_with_except_hook
    run_old(*args, **kw)
  File "/home/david.haselbach/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newengine.py", line 1388, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newengine.process.work
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newengine.py", line 1427, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newengine.process.work
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newengine.py", line 866, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newengine.EngineThread.compute_resid_pow
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newcuda_kernels.py", line 3320, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newcuda_kernels.compute_resid_pow
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 362, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.cuda_core.context_dependent_memoize.wrapper
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/newcuda_kernels.py", line 3273, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.newcuda_kernels.get_compute_resid_pow_kernel
  File "/home/david.haselbach/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda/compiler.py", line 291, in __init__
    arch, code, cache_dir, include_dirs)
  File "/home/david.haselbach/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda/compiler.py", line 254, in compile
    return compile_plain(source, options, keep, nvcc, cache_dir, target)
  File "/home/david.haselbach/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda/compiler.py", line 137, in compile_plain
    stderr=stderr.decode("utf-8", "replace"))
CompileError: nvcc compilation of /tmp/tmpyGWrwQ/kernel.cu failed
[command: nvcc --cubin -arch sm_61 -I/home/david.haselbach/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda/cuda kernel.cu]
[stderr:
kernel.cu(131): error: identifier "__shfl_down_sync" is undefined

kernel.cu(256): error: identifier "__shfl_down_sync" is undefined

kernel.cu(318): error: identifier "__shfl_down_sync" is undefined

kernel.cu(382): error: identifier "__shfl_down_sync" is undefined

kernel.cu(569): error: identifier "__ballot_sync" is undefined

5 errors detected in the compilation of "/tmp/tmpxft_0000f21b_00000000-7_kernel.cpp1.ii".
]

Does anyone have an idea?

Best,

David

Hi @david.haselbach,

Which version of CUDA are you running? Are you able to update to the latest one if possible? If you do, you can use the bin/cryosparcw newcuda function to compile cryoSPARC against a new version of CUDA.

Hi

I was on Cuda 9 but now I updated to CUda 10 and its seems to run now. Thanks!

best,

David