Losing my mind w/ permissions issue

I am having an issue where my worker node cannot create files in a project folder, but it can read and write to files. Here’s my setup:
I have a master and a worker node. Both have a local cryosparc user with the same uid/gid.
I created a folder owned by the cryosparc user on a ceph mount point. Both users can create/read/write to files in the folder. …/cryosparc
When I run a job I see an error like this after the ssh passwordless login completes bash: …/cryosparc/CS-test2/J1/job.log: Permission denied
Cryosparc does something to the permissions and the worker cannot create files in the CS-test2 folder or any folders in it. The worker can still write to files and read files. Permissions w/ ls -latr look like this: drwxrwsrwx. 7 cryosparc cryosparc 10 Jul 26 13:22 CS-test2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been working on this for too long.

Welcome to the forum @jfscheuren .

permissions may

1. be unsafe
  2. still not ensure desired access. The required/desired access may fail for reasons other than the configured permissions, such as
    • the nfs server may export the directory in read-only mode
    • the nfs client may have mounted the filesystem read-only; this and previous point seemingly ruled out by
    • the nfs client may have mounted the share under the incorrect mount point
    • the Linux user’s access to the shared file may be blocked at any level in the directory hierarchy due to incorrect directory permissions and/or directory ownership
    • additional access controls are in place. The dot . character at the and of drwxrwsrwx. suggests that possibility (wikipedia). What are the outputs of these commands:
      ls -ld /abs/path/to/cryosparc/CS-test2/J1
      ls -lZ /abs/path/to/cryosparc/CS-test2/J1

Other questions that may be relevant:

• What username is specified in the "ssh_str" property of each scheduler target?
    cryosparcm cli "get_scheduler_targets()"

• What protocol is being used to share the project directories?