Live and K2 super-res from EPU

Hi,

I am trying to test K2 super resolution data in cryoSPARC Live. Data is un-gain normalised, packed as per EPU. I currently get the below error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py", line 92, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.rtp_worker
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py", line 224, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.process_movie
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py", line 302, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.do_patch_motion
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py", line 154, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.read_data
  File "cryosparc2_compute/blobio/mrc.py", line 135, in read_mrc
    data = read_mrc_data(file_obj, header, start_page, end_page, out)
  File "cryosparc2_compute/blobio/mrc.py", line 86, in read_mrc_data
    dtype = mrc_datatype_to_dtype(datatype)
  File "cryosparc2_compute/blobio/mrc.py", line 65, in mrc_datatype_to_dtype
    assert False,'Unsupported MRC datatype: {0}'.format(datatype)
AssertionError: Unsupported MRC datatype: 101

Any ideas?

Hi @simonbrown,

Did you get the error during motion correction? Maybe you can try to save/convert your mrc files into tiff?

Best,
Feng10

HI Simon,
you need the image files in tif format to start with. Leave your gain ref in MRC (I have to swap in Y for our set up). it works for me.
cheers
Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. So do you convert the EPU output mrc files to tiff? As far as I know, I can’t output tif directly from EPU with the K2.

Yes we transfer the MRC file and convert them in Tif Law compressed with imod.

Hi cryoSPARC developers,

Is there any plan to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We are indeed working on this. I can’t promise an exact delivery date at the moment, but a fix is coming.

Harris

2 Likes

Awesome. You guys are amazing the way you keep cryoSPARC so up to date.

3 Likes