Installing cryoSPARC on Centos6

Hi all,

I try to install cryoSPARC on our linux computer whose version is Centos6. Installation was complete, however when I run the cryoSPARC, there is error related with GLIBC. Below is the message from meteor.stdout. I know some people handle this issue with installing recent google chrome, but we have a trouble with installing chrome. Is there other way to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Aram

Error: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15’ not found (required by /my/path/cryoSPARC/cryosparc-webapp/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/grpc_node.node)
at Error (native)
at Object.Module._extensions…node (module.js:434:18)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
at Object. (my/path/cryoSPARC/cryosparc-webapp/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/grpc/src/node/src/grpc_extension.js:38:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:416:10)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)

It appears to be possible to download and compile a newer version of glibc and have it exist in parallel with the older version used in CentOS 6 (it’s dangerous to try to actually upgrade the system version):

I’m not sure which glibc version you’ll need but 2.19 and newer are known to work and contain GLIBCXX 3.4.15.
Once you compile according to the instructions, you should set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the new glibc, then repeat the cryoSPARC installation. After installing, open the config.sh file in the cryoSPARC installation directory, and add the new glibc path into the export LD_LIBRARY_PATH line in config.sh so that the change is permanent (only for cryoSPARC, not other programs in the system).

Hope this helps,
Ali