Installation/upgrade issue

On CentOS7 workstation, the standalone installation is not updating to 2.9.0

Starting cryoSPARC System master process…
CryoSPARC is not already running.
database: started
command_core: started

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

command_vis: started
command_proxy: started
webapp: started

CryoSPARC master started.
From this machine, access cryoSPARC at
http://localhost:39000
From other machines on the network, access cryoSPARC at
http://OS7:39000

Startup can take several minutes. Point your browser to the address
and refresh until you see the cryoSPARC web interface.

cryosparcm process status:

command_core RUNNING pid 14202, uptime 0:11:58
command_proxy RUNNING pid 16114, uptime 0:11:24
command_vis STARTING
database RUNNING pid 14010, uptime 0:12:00
watchdog_dev STOPPED Not started
webapp RUNNING pid 16227, uptime 0:11:23
webapp_dev STOPPED Not started

Appears command_vis won’t start.
Worse yet, the version is 2.9.0, but the HTTP interface is still giving 2.8.0

Any ideas?

Hi @dwilliams,

Can you make sure there weren’t any zombie processes running during the update? See this post for a similar problem & solution:

Did anyone find a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem: upon reboot the webapp won’t start. It was working fine before reboot and now I have this same problem again.

Yes, I did kill the zombie processes and removed the .sock file from /tmp.

Last time with this same problem I removed everything and reinstalled (and it was my first time updating to version 2.9). I just wanted to check if there is a better solution first, since I don’t understand why reinstallation would be necessary, since cryosparc had been working minutes beforehand.

Thanks!

Hi @JacqueFaylo,

It might be worth checking into all the logs available. When you run cryosparcm start, do you see any error messages? Even if you don’t, check the logs of the webapp: cryosparcm log webapp. You should see a message about “GridFS” files being ready to be served if the webapp is ready to go. If you don’t find any errors in there, the database and command core (cryosparcm log database, cryosparcm log command_core), double check that the computer you’re using is able to access the ports you’re using.