Import Micrographs broken in 2.12?

Yes. It seems that downgrading to v2.11 worked.

1 Like

Got the same error when importing particles.

Did you find a solution ?

Hi @scaiola,

Can you post the error you received for import particles?

The import micrographs fix should be released today, as well as a few other fixes.

1 Like

When I tried to import a particles.star from an extract job of Relion I got that :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc2_compute/jobs/imports/run.py”, line 52, in run_import_particles if params[‘override_exp_group_id’] == None:
KeyError: ‘override_exp_group_id’

Hi @scaiola,

I believe your builder is out of sync with the application. Please restart cryosparcm restart then run cryosparcm cli "refresh_job_types()"

Hi @stephan

I’ve been running into some problems with importing Micrographs in this version but also 2.12.2 as a whole.

System

User: cryosparc_user (with access to stored data)
System: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Cuda: 9.1 (tried 10.1 but received errors regarding libs as discussed in >> 3D Variability Analysis Errors - v2.9.0
GPUs: 2x TitanV 1x 1080 Founders
CPU: Threadripper 1950x

Micrographs

I get the import error with this (even after following the above refresh etc):

Movies

When running full frame correction or patch motion correction I get the error below when it get to the end of the run.

Full motion

Patch motion

As you can see it appears the motion correction has actaully run but has failed to complete properly.

Movies are gain corrected ‘.mrc’ collected in linear mode with 79 frames with a total dose of 80 e.

As far as I can tell doing this with ungain corrected ‘.tiff’ files works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I’ve just had this fail on ‘*.tif’ files too.

EDIT2:
I’ve only had this work with the Relion test data.

I still have the same problem.

We have it as well…

Also have same problem. Has anybody found a solution?

I can confirm that a forced update, restart, and job list refresh doesn’t work. Has anyone tried a full reinstall?

I did same, didn’t work also. Have not tried full reinstall.

@stephan said they were working on a variety of bug-fixes, including this one, but they have not yet released another update.

Hi @jcfromme, @crescalante, @DanielAsarnow, @alexmag, @mplockhartuom, @scaiola, @CBEN, @ABehal2020, @user123, @drawoliver,

This bug has been (actually) fixed! Update to cryoSPARC v2.12.4 (cryosparcm update) to get the latest fixes, which include:

New:

• Exposure Groups Utility Updates
    • Create exposure groups using regular expressions and separators
    • Test your exposure group creation strategy
  • 3D Variability updates to default parameters: create better results without tweaking

Fixed:

• Multiprocessing jobs (Patch CTF, Patch motion, Full-frame motion) fail with abnormal termination errors
  • Import micrographs and import movies function incorrectly with exposure groups
  • Imported jobs with inputs cause the tree layout to fail or throw an error
  • 3D Variability display "intermediate" mode outputs are incorrectly scaled
  • 3D Variability display "cluster" mode outputs contain no particles
5 Likes

And it works! Thank you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Great, Thank you!:heart:

1 Like

Seem to be working for me too.

Thank you for the fixes

Many thanks! Import Micrographs is working fine now.

It is working. Thank you

I updated to v2.12.4 a couple days ago and have been getting this error while importing .mrc files that I converted from .ser files with e2proc2d.py
This error was not thrown while I was using these files in earlier versions of cryoSPARC

KeyError: ‘skip_header_check’

Hey @armbrustered,

Can you please restart cryosparcm restart then run cryosparcm cli "refresh_job_types()"?