How to connect uncropped ptcls to NU refinement

Hello. I did ptcl extraction at original box size and F-cropped. Only cropped ptcls were used for 2D classification and ab-initio. Now I need to do NU refinement using selected but uncropped ptcls. I was trying to move “blob.cs” for uncropped ptcls from Extract job to replace the ptcl.blob in NU input but it does not work.
Thank you for assistance!

You are dragging from the wrong view - it is in a separate outputs tab (not the output groups sidebar).

See here for an in depth example: Selecting a subset of particles from a previous binning - #4 by rposert

2 Likes

Thank you! it worked. It would be great to have the example from that post in tutorial.

1 Like

Suddenly, NU refine job becomes unresponsive and is terminated by cryosparc (ver 4.6; repeated several times).
This happens after replacement of the ptcl blob by one from Extract job with bigger box size. It gets stopped during local cross validation for A, after the Fourier space slices made.
Are any suggestions? Thank you!

What is the uncropped box size? Probably you have run out of memory

1 Like

800px uncropped (576 A) and 400px cropped.
Thank you!

Turn on Low Memory Mode. The new NU refine algorithm is fast, but more demanding of GPU memory.

2 Likes

Yes - at 800px you will definitely need low memory mode (and even that might not get you there, depending on the GPU card you are using)

1 Like