Homogeneous refinement (new) fails with compile error in 2.13: error: identifier "__shfl_down_sync" is undefined

closed

Hi All,

I have just upgraded from 2.11 to 2.13 and wanted to try out the new homogeneous refinement job. However, it fails with two different datasets - error messages below. It suggests some problem with compilation. The legacy version of homogeneous refinement is working, as is 2D classification and ab initio reconstruction. I haven’t tested anything else yet. I have tried restarting cryosparc but that makes no difference.
Thanks for any help
Dave Lawson

Hi @lawsond,

What GPUs are you using? What CUDA version and NVIDIA Driver version are you running?

cat /usr/local/cuda/version.txt gives: CUDA Version 8.0.61

nvidia-smi gives: Driver Version: 390.48

Thanks

Dave

Hey @lawsond,

Are you able to install CUDA 10.2 (latest)? This error is because the CUDA Toolkit you’re using doesn’t have the function we’re using in our kernel in the latest job.

and GPUs are GeForce GTX 1080s

Dave

Hi @sarulthasan

I will get CUDA 10.2 installed and try again. Do I just re-rerun cryosparcm update again?

Thanks

Dave

Hi @lawsond,

Once you’ve installed CUDA 10.2 and its required NVIDIA Driver, all you have to do is recompile one of the dependencies that cryoSPARC uses by running one function. This does not require updating or restarting cryoSPARC. Follow the instructions in this post:

Hi @sarulthasan

Great - thanks very much for the advice.

Dave