Having problems installing cryosparc

Hi
I am trying to install cryosparc and have run into some problems.
The first time I tried with the default port of 39000 it looked OK.
When I knew that port, i.e. over 1000, are block by my place of work I deleted the directory and .bashrc and retried. This time I had errors after this:
CryoSPARC System master has now been installed.
Add bin directory to your ~/.bashrc ?
I was following this:

Quick Install: Single workstation

errors:
Creating user with email: password:
*** client.py: command (http://:39002/api) did not reply within timeout of 300 seconds, attempt 1 of 3
*** client.py: command (http://:39002/api) did not reply within timeout of 300 seconds, attempt 2 of 3

and

File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 174, in _run_module_as_main
main”, fname, loader, pkg_name)
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/client.py”, line 82, in
cli = CommandClient(host, int(port))
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/client.py”, line 33, in init
self._reload()
File “/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/client.py”, line 61, in _reload
system = self._get_callable(‘system.describe’)()

I’m happy to delete it all and start again but am not sure why it’s different, does the license expire if used?

Many thanks
Graham

Hi @Graham,

Did you happen to stop any cryoSPARC processes before you deleted the directory? If you’re not sure, run the command:
ps -ax | grep supervisord and kill any processes associated with cryoSPARC.
Once you’re sure there are no running processes, you can reinstall cryoSPARC.

The error seems like it can’t reach the host. Can you make sure you’ve used the correct hostname? You can find out what cryoSPARC thinks the hostname is by running cryosparcm status. It’s also using port 39000 still, which I think you don’t want to do.

You can reinstall using the same license, it doesn’t expire.