Filter resolution in 3D Classification job

Hi
I am using CS version 4.2.1, and there is no such “Filter Resolution” thing for 3D Classification job in this version.
Could anyone please help me wrt this issue?
Is there any alternative feature that does the same job as Filter Resolution in 3D classification for version 4.2.1 or do I have to upgrade it to the version of 4.5/4.6?

Many thanks in advance.
Saif

Hi Saif - do you mean target resolution? Or do you mean the initial lowpass resolution?

Hi
Many thanks.
I have just attended a 3-day long workshop where Rich was showing that using “Filter Resolution” in 3D classification job really helps to resolve small features. When I wanted to use the same “Filter Resolution” feature in 3D classification, I could not find it.
That’s why I was just wondering is this a feature that you guys have included in the most recent version of CS, because mine is v4.2.1 and this feature is not there.

Cheers
Saif

Do you mean the highpass filter resolution maybe? @rposert?

@SaifCam – we renamed the 3D class parameter ‘Target Resolution’ to ‘Filter Resolution’ in v4.5 (change log entry) and made it mandatory to explicitly set this. (This makes 3D Class consistent with 3D Variability). The underlying function of this parameter, however, has not changed. Everything Rich said about ‘Filter Resolution’ will apply to ‘Target Resolution’.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Workspace not visible after software update