Error with cache_quota_mb on UGE cluster

Hello,

When using the cache_quota_mb variable for our cluster_info.json file we get this error right before attempting to upload the particle stack:

[CPU: 604.4 MB]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/class2D/run.py”, line 56, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.class2D.run.run_class_2D
File “/mnt/grid/joshua-tor/hpc/home/data/cryosparc2/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/particles.py”, line 67, in read_blobs
u_blob_paths = cache.download_and_return_cache_paths(u_rel_paths)
File “/mnt/grid/joshua-tor/hpc/home/data/cryosparc2/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/cache.py”, line 139, in download_and_return_cache_paths
free_quota_mb = cache_quota_mb - used_mb # amount free in quota (ignoring raw size of disk)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: ‘str’ and ‘int’

Here is the script:

{
“name” : “name”,
“worker_bin_path” : “path”,
“cache_path” : “/tmp”,
“send_cmd_tpl” : “{{ command }}”,
“qsub_cmd_tpl” : “qsub -terse {{ script_path_abs }}”,
“qstat_cmd_tpl” : “qstat -j {{ cluster_job_id }}”,
“qdel_cmd_tpl” : “qdel {{ cluster_job_id }}”,
“qinfo_cmd_tpl” : “qstat”,
“cache_quota_mb” : “1200000”,
“transfer_cmd_tpl” : “scp {{ src_path }} loginnode:{{ dest_path }}”
}

I also see that the quota is registered in the 'Instance Information".

The upload works when I remove the cache_quota_mb variable, but we need the variable to control space on a particular node.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Cryosparc team,

Can you replicate this issue on your end? Did you notice where the issue is?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi @jaremko,

Sorry for the late reply.
Can you try removing the quotes from the “1200000” value, then re-connecting?

1 Like

hi @stephan,

The value is registered in the instance information, so cryosparc does recognize the value. In addition, this works fine when we use the same quotations when adding a worker node.

I will give it a try though.

thanks,
Matt

Hi @stephan,

Well, your suggestion was right. Once I removed the quotations, there are no errors. Must be something specific about creating cluster lanes.

Thank you!
Matt