Error in reconstruction after Class3D with reorder classes on

Hi,

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a bug or working as designed, but the issue is as follows:

• I have a long-running 3D classification with many classes, one of the classes, let’s say class 50 during the classification looks promising, so I would like to queue up a reconstruction and local refinement while the job is running.
  • When classes are re-ordered at the end of the job, the class number changes - let’s say to class 10.
  • This creates an issue. The class number specified at queue time is class 50, so it is not totally clear what will happen - will it take the final class 50 (not what I want) or the final class 10 (correct)?
  • Answer is it does neither, it fails with the attached error.
  • If the reconstruction is queued after Class3D completion, everything works as expected.

Cheers
Oli

Error:

Warning: Could not find matching connection slots for input group particles, connection index 0. This indicates the inner connection slots come from two different datasets with different unique IDs. Please check the particles input group's connection slots.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 95, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/newrun.py", line 962, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.newrun.run_homo_reconstruct
  File "/home/exx/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/common.py", line 513, in create_missing_fields_in_dataset
    currfields = dataset.fields()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fields'

Hey @olibclarke,

Unfortunately, I think this falls under ‘working as designed.’ Without some significant backend restructuring, the only way you can queue a reconstruction on a specific class is if you turn off class re-ordering.

The error you’re seeing is due to a unique id mismatch between the connected dataset (when queued) and the dataset that ends up in the slot after re-ordering.

1 Like

Got it, thanks! Figured it might be that but thought I’d check :slight_smile: