Error for Homogenous Refinement(Legacy) with Static Mask

Hi everyone! I got this error while running a homogenous refinement(legacy) with a static mask. It works fine when I changed the mask parameter to default/dynamic. Any help would be appreciated.

File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/run.py”, line 109, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.run.run_homo_refine
AssertionError

@sdas The chosen mask parameter setting requires an input mask. Was a valid mask provided?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. I didn’t put a mask before. I’m starting a new job now. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Hi There,

I have a question about the masking using in the Homogeneous Refinement (not Legacy):
I am using the cryoSPARC-3.3.1. In the Homogeneous Refinement, if I didn’t provide mask,
the dynamic mask parameters are active and applied to the soft spherical mask by the software. If I provided a mask (and only mask part of my complex), it will use it as static mask and dynamic mask parameters is not used, am I right?

Thanks and best.

Hi @yanhezhao,

Yes that’s right. If you provide an input mask, you should notice the following text near the beginning of the event log:
A mask input was connected, so static masking will be enabled.

Best,
Michael

1 Like