Error during last iteration of Heterogeneous Refinement

I was running a Heterogeneous Refinement job, the job ran fine until the final iteration were it ended with the error message below:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 90, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “/usr/local/cryosparc/2.0/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py”, line 865, in check_outputs
assert output_len == target_len, “Result %s had the wrong length (%d, should be %d). Note that outputs are still usable.” % (resname, output_len, target_len)
AssertionError: Result blob had the wrong length (0, should be 297300). Note that outputs are still usable.

Could you please explain why I’m getting this?

What were your inputs to the job (i.e. where did particles and volumes come from)? I have seen this when I input “random density” volumes generated via ab initio, but where I killed the ab initio job too early)

Thanks Oli you might be right because I killed the Abinitio job, but not too early it was iteration 1400. Usually I rarely let abinitio finish but don’t get error afterward. this one has to finish in order to continue downstream jobs, I don’t know what’s the importance of it in this case. I’ll rerun it till the and see.

No in that case this is unlikely to be the issue… the issue I have had is when I kill ab initio right at the start (in order to create random density volumes as decoys). I don’t think that is the case here, so probably a different cause.

In any case as far as I can tell what the error is saying is that there are zero particles in the output, when it expects based on the inputs that there ought to be 297300…