EPU AFIS Optic Groups on particle stack

I have a dataset that I have already processed “to the end” as a single optics group. I would now like to group the particles in beam-tilt group based on the beam-shift information in the EPU xml file without needing to re-extracting the particles.

I modified the instructions from this write-up https://discuss.cryosparc.com/t/importing-optic-groups-from-epu-afis/7367, which describes how to modify the “exp_group_id” in an exposure object and instead I changed “ctf/exp_group_id” in a _particles.cs file from a Homogeneous refinement job and the and “location/exp_group_id” in the associated _passthrough.cs. This did not work and I get an error when trying to run a homogeneous refinement (“Import Results Group” works):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 93, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/newrun.py", line 71, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.newrun.run_homo_refine
  File "/home/cryosparcuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/common.py", line 462, in create_missing_fields_in_dataset
    currfields = dataset.fields()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fields'

Do I have to change anything else? Or perhaps I made a make a mistake somewhere.

1 Like

Hey @daniel.s.d.larsson,

Do you mind sending us your .cs file so we can take a look? Also, if you don’t mind, can you share a sample of the related XML files so we can potentially improve this in CryoSPARC?

Seems there were some typos in my script. The XML files are just the standard output from EPU when collecting data using AFIS.

1 Like

Hi @here,

We are currently working on direct CryoSPARC integration of exposure groups clustering from data collected in EPU via AFIS. To this end, we are looking for users who would be willing to provide data from a collection session in EPU (via AFIS), including both the XML files and raw movies. To anyone willing to provide such data to aid our development, please reach out to me through DM, or by email at mmclean@structura.bio.

For development purposes, we’re seeking datasets where exposure group clustering (through EPU_Group_AFIS or otherwise) shows a notable improvement in resolution after repeating Global CTF Refinement.

Thanks all!

Michael

3 Likes