Data processing tutorial

Hi all, for anyone interested, here is tutorial I ran recently on processing heterogeneous data. It includes links to source data - I tried to make a lightweight dataset that won’t take up too much valuable GPU space :smile:

Hope it’s helpful - feedback/suggestions welcome!

Cheers
Oli

29 Likes

This is great, @olibclarke, thank you for sharing!
We would love to link this from the CryoSPARC Guide if you’re alright with it - I will be in touch via DM.

2 Likes

Thanks for the document.

I can truly recomend this - It is a great tutorial.
Oliver ran it at our CryoNET course and the students loved it.

Finally a “real life” scenario where particle picking etc. is not straightforward, with lots of things to investigate and yet still so lightweight a dataset that it can be done in an afternoon.

Great job Oliver!

Cheers,
Jesper

4 Likes

I attended the workshop and can confirm it is a very good case study! Unlike the typical introductory tutorials (like beta-gal) that work with almost not user input, this one will challenge you.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. More such data processing workflows are much needed for beginners. Does anyone have an idea of where I can get such data processing workflows in more detail? I am working on Hexameric protein and I don’t know the exact workflow to get the final structure. I appreciate any suggestions.

Indeed super helpful! I never knew about the ac eo invert function for the volume eraser sphere.