Curating exposures after movie ctf

Hi,

We’re trying to do ctf correction of the movies prior to motion correction. Using ctffind4 when we do so then try to curate the exposures cryoSPARC fails saying its missing a field. Is there a way to fix this or do you need to do the motion correction before trying to curate?

Bryan

Hi @hansenbry

Can you provide us with the error logs?

Hi @stephan how can I get the error logs you need. When I try and run curate exposure after ctf correction and before motion correction it just says failed now in the dialog box and doesn’t give any additional info from there.

@stephan Here is what I got today trying again in the v2.13.2 build

[CPU: 86.2 MB] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 49, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc2_compute/jobs/runcommon.py”, line 685, in check_default_inputs
assert False, 'Non-optional inputs from the following input groups and their slots are not connected: ’ + missing_inputs + ‘. Please connect all required inputs.’
AssertionError: Non-optional inputs from the following input groups and their slots are not connected: micrographs.micrograph_blob. Please connect all required inputs.

Hi @hansenbry,

Sorry, I initially didn’t understand your original question.
Yes, you can perform CTF Estimation on Movies using CTFFIND4, but in order to use the ‘Curate Exposures’ job, you need to have micrographs created either by Patch Motion Correction, Full Frame Motion Correction or MotionCor2.
You can then connect the outputs of the CTFFIND4 job and the Motion Correction job to the Exposure Curation job by overriding result slots in the job builder.

More details on how to do this is here:

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. It would be really nice to be able to curate after the CTF Estimation and before the motion correction so you aren’t wasting time motion correcting data that you could have eliminated after CTF Estimation because of the data not meeting your filtering requirements.

1 Like

Hi @hansenbry,

That makes sense! Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll modify Exposure Curation accordingly.

Hi @hansenbry,

We’ve added this feature in cryoSPARC v2.14.0, out now. Thanks!