Cs3.3 asking for stack files from another project

Hello,

I stumbled upon a bizarre issue. I have a few projects on a machine, with 3 users being able to run there.

I was running the machine on Cs v3.2. Upon the update to the newest version, my project (HomogRef, NUR, HetRef) was complaining that it couldn’t find stack files on a scratch disk for another project of another user for my jobs. (Kudos on suggesting making backup copies before an update)

I cannot identify why this is happening. All the files that I checked, (.cs, .star files) referred solely to my project. Is there any way to either fix this by running a repair on a database, identify inconsistencies, or address it with a fix?

Please let me know,

Best,

Jean-Paul

System:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core Processor
128 GB RAM
3x RTX 2080 Ti

@jparmache_psu Can you please copy-paste the exact message you received re: couldn’t find stack files? Thanks!

Absolutely Saara! Thank you for responding this fast.

Please see the error below.

---------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/run.py", line 73, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.run.run_homo_refine
  File "/data/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc_compute/particles.py", line 67, in read_blobs
    u_blob_paths = cache.download_and_return_cache_paths(u_rel_paths)
  File "/data/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/cache.py", line 114, in download_and_return_cache_paths
    used_mb = sync_hits(worker_hostname, ssd_cache_path, instance_id)
  File "/data/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/cache.py", line 191, in sync_hits
    size_mb = os.path.getsize(fp) / 1024.0**2
  File "/data/software/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.7/genericpath.py", line 50, in getsize
    return os.stat(filename).st_size
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/scratch/instance_cscomputer1:39001/imports/data/users/**otheruser**/**otherproject**/J22/imported/stack_XXXX.mrcs'
---------

@jparmache_psu How’s your scratch space implemented? Please can you run the following command?
df --output=source,fstype,size /scratch