CryoSPARC Version Compatibility with NVIDIA Driver 450.156.00 and CUDA 11.0

Hello all,

I am new to cryoSPARC and currently working through tutorials. I noticed that the newer versions of cryoSPARC require NVIDIA driver version 520.61.05 or newer. Is there a cryoSPARC version that is supported by NVIDIA driver version 450.156.00 and CUDA 11.0?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,
Pawan

If an upgrade of the nvidia driver is out of the question, you can try v4.3.1. I have not tried that combination myself. See Installing an older version - #4 by nfrasser for how to specify a specific CryoSPARC version during download.
If you use v4.3.1 or older, I recommend after the installation

1. adding the line
    export CRYOSPARC_MONGO_EXTRA_FLAGS=" "

(space between the quotes is important) to the file cryosparc_master/config.sh
  2. then restarting CryoSPARC.

Hi @wtempel, thank you for your prompt reply. I actually installed the latest version and downgraded to v3.4.0. When I try to connect the worker using cryosprcw, it does not run and mentions to use NVIDIA driver version 520.61.05 or newer. Thanks

It is possible that cryosparc_worker/ software was not automatically downgraded. In this turns out to be the case, you may need to follow the procedure in the Manual Cluster Updates section.

Thank you @wtempel . Following the manual installation solved the problem.