Cryosparc setup for different accounts in one workstation

Hi,

I am currently trying to install cryosparc in our GPU workstation, which is shared with two groups. Since the workstation could be logged in using two group users, I firstly created a shared folder and installed the cryosparc using one user account. Then I changed the permission of the folders for all users. Everything went smoothly in the installation and the creations of cryosparc accounts.

However, I found that the cryosparcm failed to restart/stop/start if I switch to the other users.

It reported “error: <class ‘PermissionError’>, [Errno 13] Permission denied: file: /data-2/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/supervisor/xmlrpc.py line: 560” when I typed “cryosparcm stop”.

It failed to start the database in “cryosparcm start”.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Jingwei

The other users may not have execute permission for cryosparcm. Suppose CryoSAPRC was installed and is running under the userone Linux username. You may decide that additional users, like usertwo, should be able control the instance, and configure sudoers such that usertwo can execute specific commands “impersonating” userone in this way:
sudo -u userone <command>.
For your convenience, here are some links relevant to redhat and ubuntu.