Cryosparc install path changed. Worker updates fail

Hello,

I recently reinstalled some of the Cryosparc servers from Centos 7 to Rocky 8. When reinstalling Cryosparc, I changed the cryosparc install directory to the path listed in the install guide.

However, the worker didn’t seem to work properly. I tried to override the install. The master worked without issue, but the worker didn’t really through an error, but it failed because the cp is going to the wrong path.

===================================================
Now updating worker nodes.
All workers:
cryosparc02.chpc.utah.edu cryosparc02sa@cryosparc02.chpc.utah.edu
Updating worker cryosparc02.chpc.utah.edu
Direct update
\cp -f ./cryosparc_worker.tar.gz /uufs/chpc.utah.edu/common/home/cao-group1/cryosparc02sa/cryosparc2_worker
This is a forced update. To finish updating this worker node, log onto the node and run cryosparcw update --override

The path correct path is …cryosparc02sa/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker, but it’s still going to the old path even though I did a clean fresh install.

I got the worker to update by copying the tar file to the worker directory and running cryosparcw update --override. But then hit the same problem trying to install the patch.

Trying the same thing and using the --force option, fails. Somehow, it appears that some environment variable is stuck on the old patch.

Thanks,
Irvin
CHPC - U of U

The absolute cryosparc_worker/ during an automatic worker update is inferred from scheduler target "worker_bin_path" records in the CryoSPARC database. These records may be outdated in your case and still point to the old cryosparc_worker/ path.
You can view the relevant database records with the command

cryosparcm cli "get_scheduler_targets()"

If you confirm that the database holds outdated records, you can try

1. manual (“cluster-style”) worker update
  2. then, for each scheduler target, on the given target, run the appropriate
    /abs/path/to/crysparc_worker/bin/cryosparcw connect

command with the
    --update flag and all other necessary parameters (guide) to update the database records.