Copy path to clipboard does not work (v4)

Hi,

In v4.01, “copy path to clipboard” in the details tab does not work, on either Safari or Chrome (tested on Mac OS 12.6).

Cheers
Oli

Hi @olibclarke,

We have been unable to reproduce this issue on Chrome or Safari on MacBooks running Mac OS 12.6.

Is the copy functionality causing an error or just not copying the path to the clipboard correctly?

- Kelly

Hi Kelly,

No error, it just doesn’t work (the path is not copied to the clipboard). I have only tested on Ventura (13.0) though, maybe that is the issue?

EDIT: Just tested on another machine running Monterey, and in that case it is broken on Safari, but works in Chrome.

Cheers
Oli

This still doesn’t work (on Safari)

Experiencing the same on Safari 16.3 on Monterey (12.6.3).

JS console reports the following when copying file path of output.

Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'navigator.clipboard.write')
 (anonymous function) - Outputs.f1a5d54c.js:763
 asyncFunctionResume

Firefox (110.0) works fine.

Cheers,
Yang

Just noticed that the copy path to clipboard from the Metadata tab is broken on Safari and Firefox as well. (4.2.0)

#Safari JS console
TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'navigator.clipboard.writeText')
  p - CopyButton.4361fca8.js:101

Similar error in Firefox.

On v4.1.2 I see similar errors when trying to use the copy function (which used to work for me on earlier version), in both Firefox:

Uncaught TypeError: navigator.clipboard is undefined
    p http://[our.server]:39000/assets/CopyButton.2be5a75d.js:1
CopyButton.2be5a75d.js:1:1852

And Chrome:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'writeText')
    at HTMLButtonElement.p (CopyButton.2be5a75d.js:1:1872)

Working from a Linux workstation.

Hi all,

Thank you for all of the debugging information. We’ve identified the issue and have a fix ready for the next CryoSPARC release.

- Kelly