Can't delete workspaces or projects (v2)

solved

Hi,

Workspaces and projects can’t be deleted in v2. Regardless of whether they are empty or not, attempted deletion gives an error message saying “can’t delete non-empty workspace”.

This is evidently a bug when applied to an empty workspace or project, but regardless I think users should be able to delete non-empty workspaces/projects.

If I want to delete a project, I shouldn’t have to delete each individual experiment and workspace within it - just give me a couple of confirmation dialogs to make sure that I am definitely, 100% sure I want to delete the project (or have a trashcan mechanism for deleted projects/workspaces, where they are not irretrievably gone until one empties the trash).

I also wonder whether it might be worth having a mechanism to archive old projects (I guess depends how efficiently they can be compressed as to whether it is worth it or not).

It would also be good to have a disk-cleanup job type to automatically delete intermediate files (and/or to have an option when running a job to control how much intermediate stuff is kept).

Cheers
Oli

The same here. It it also easy to confuse later the workspaces which where wrongly inserted with new ones.

Hi Oli,

Deleting workspaces (after confirmation) and automated disk-cleanups are in the pipeline! Archiving projects will be something that is covered during the disk-cleanup procedure (removing process files and keeping metadata). There are a lot of edge cases to consider, so we’ll be adding features iteratively.

Thanks,
Stephan

Glad to hear it thanks Stephan! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Oli

Non-empty project/workspace deletion is now possible (v2.2+)! A disk-cleanup utility is still in the pipeline.

Hi @sarulthasan,

Deleting projects still doesn’t seem to work - I click delete, confirm deletion, and the dialog does not disappear, and nor do any files.

Any word on when the disk cleanup tool might appear? My project directory is getting rather overweight

Cheers
Oli

This is also the case for certain workspaces - it will delete a few jobs and then stall indefinitely (and I can tell it is not doing anything because nothing is changing in the relevant directories).

Cheers
Oli

Sometimes if I cancel and then repeat the request to delete the workspace or project multiple times, then it works for some reason

For example I have one particular project where deleting workspaces just doesn’t work - it will only delete one job at a time from each workspace. Happy to provide any info needed to debug.