AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_data' from imported Result Group

Hey folks,

I am running into a couple issues with importing modified particle and passthrough files.
I have used cryosparc-tools to subset data in this particular case and have done so successfully in the past so I am curious what I might be missing here…

To the problem, when I attempt to use the imported Result Group file for a refinement run, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 96, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/helix/run_refine.py", line 221, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.helix.run_refine.run
  File "/cryoem/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/particles.py", line 63, in init
    self._reset(Data(d._data))  # copy all data
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_data'

I am able to get the job to at least run by supplying the .blob lower-level input from another job, but it fails at the final portion of the job with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cryoem/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py", line 2061, in run_with_except_hook
    run_old(*args, **kw)
  File "/cryoem/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_command/commandcommon.py", line 78, in run
    self.target(*self.args)
  File "/cryoem/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_command/command_core/__init__.py", line 6991, in set_job_passthrough_check_outputs_and_completed_run
    rc.check_outputs()
  File "/cryoem/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py", line 1032, in check_outputs
    assert output_len == target_len, "Result %s had the wrong length (%d, should be %d). Note that outputs are still usable." % (resname, output_len, target_len)
AssertionError: Result blob had the wrong length (0, should be 66567). Note that outputs are still usable.

Unfortunately, attempting to use the outputs from the failed job result in the subsequent jobs just waiting for the inputs since the parent job didn’t exit successfully.

I am curious whether these errors point to a mistake I made to the particle.cs and/or passthrough.cs files when subsetting the data.

Thanks for the help!

Good news everyone!

Turns out using the modified particles.cs with an unmodified passthrough.cs file works properly!

Cheers!

1 Like