AssertionError: Micrographs are not connected to this job

Hello,

I am trying to process the tutorial T20S proteasome data. When I import movies, the job shows the micrographs as imported properly. However, whenever I try to use the imported movies for downstream processing in the workflow, the job returns an error saying that my micrographs have not been imported correctly. For example, the below is the error message is shown when I try to use the imported micrographs as input for the patch CTF estimation (multi):

[CPU: 192.8 MB] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/ctf_estimation/run.py”, line 39, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.ctf_estimation.run.run
AssertionError: Micrographs are not connected to this job.

Any insight into the problem or its solution would be greatly appreciated!

Dear @linaria17,

You’ll need to run a Patch Motion job to first perform motion correction; this job will output micrographs. You can drag and drop the micrographs output from the Patch Motion job into a new Patch CTF job. This should resolve the issue. Patch CTF does not take in raw movies.

Hope this helps!

Hi @spunjani,

Thank you so much for the response! I was also wondering if it would be possible to import motion-corrected micrographs from another software and use them as input to patch CTF? Do I need to have done motion correction using cryoSPARC in order to input the results into patch CTF?

@linaria17, you can definitely do this using the Import Micrographs job. You can use these micrographs for downstream processing!