AssertionError: Inconsistent values detected in input exposure groups

Dear colleagues,

How can I fix the following issue permanently?

*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/newrun.py", line 136, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.newrun.run_homo_refine*
*  File "/home/cryosparc_user/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/exposure_groups.py", line 58, in check_particles_groups*
*    retval = check_field_in_group(group, egid, fullname)*
*  File "/home/cryosparc_user/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/exposure_groups.py", line 45, in check_field_in_group*
*    if do_assert: assert False, "Field %s is not constant in group %d with %d items, should be %s" % (fullname, egid, len(group), str(firstval))*
*AssertionError: Field ctf/cs_mm is not constant in group 7 with 177721 items, should be 3.007667*

*The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:*

*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 115, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.run.main*
*  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/newrun.py", line 139, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.newrun.run_homo_refine*
*AssertionError: Inconsistent values detected in input exposure groups. Please run homogeneous or non-uniform refinement without global CTF refinement enabled, then reset and refine the CTF parameters separately using the standalone Global CTF Refinement job.*

I already tried to re-extract the particles, but the issue stays the same.
It seems as if I need to erase the information about the exposure groups.

Thank you

Kind regards,
Dmitry

Hi Dmitry

In Global CTF Refinement (standalone) there is an option to reset Cs - run this and reset Cs to an appropriate value (presumably 2.7mm). This should fix the issue

Cheers
Oli

1 Like

Hello Oliver,
Many thanks!

Working on it :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Dmitry

Hello Oliver and all,

I tried to reset the CS during Global CTF refinement but got the following message.

Any ideas?
Maybe I may somehow reset the exposure group?
Many thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 115, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/ctf_refinement/run.py”, line 163, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.ctf_refinement.run.run
File “/home/cryosparc_user/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/exposure_groups.py”, line 58, in check_particles_groups
retval = check_field_in_group(group, egid, fullname)
File “/home/cryosparc_user/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/exposure_groups.py”, line 45, in check_field_in_group
if do_assert: assert False, “Field %s is not constant in group %d with %d items, should be %s” % (fullname, egid, len(group), str(firstval))
AssertionError: Field ctf/shift_A is not constant in group 7 with 177314 items, should be [-0.04795061 -0.01408622]

I think you may also need to reset tilt & trefoil in the same job

1 Like

Thank you, Oliver,

Everything worked as you described.

As a report - there is the screenshot of the values changed for the Global CTF refinement

Kind regards,
Dmitry