3dva movie frames color by zone

Hi All,
I ran 3DVA on particle stacks after separating discrete states and would like to now compare the continuous flexibility within each discrete conformation by displaying the different movies side-by-side. The colour by zone tool in Chimera (using a consensus model) really helps to identify which parts are moving. Is there a command that can be used to colour all 3DVA movie frames from a series according to the selected model? It is really tedious having to colour each frame of each movie individually and it feels like I am missing something obvious but haven’t seen such a command on the UCSF Chimera guide page.

Regards
Lizelle

2 Likes

scolor #1.1,1.2,1.3 zone sel range 5

I think.
also, color zone #2,3 near sel in chimeraX. Each model of the series should have individual specifications like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.

If motion is significant, need to also perform linear interpolation of 2 models and color one at a time.

more expert help probably available through chimera people instead of csparc people.

2 Likes

Fantastic, works nicely in chimera. I open the PDB, fitmap, color it according to how I want the map colored (sel : residue range, color sel red, repeat), select region of the pdb corresponding to the region of the map to color, then “scolor #map zone sel range 3” (for 3A radius) and it colors the map in every frame according to the pdb within 3A or whatever range you set. It might get tricky with multiple models where some regions overlap between different frames and there you might have to per-frame color.

1 Like

Thanks so much @CryoEM1 and @user123. I haven’t gotten a chance to get back to the 3dva things but will give this a try :slightly_smiling_face: