3D variability analysis display error

Hi,
I tried the new 3D variability analysis which worked fine. I then used the 3D variability analysis display job which seemed to work fine up to the zipping of the frames, then the job crashes. here’s the error :

outputting component 0 frame 0 scale -153.923
outputting component 0 frame 1 scale -121.362
outputting component 0 frame 2 scale -88.8011
outputting component 0 frame 3 scale -56.2403
outputting component 0 frame 4 scale -23.6794
outputting component 0 frame 5 scale 8.88148
outputting component 0 frame 6 scale 41.4423
outputting component 0 frame 7 scale 74.0032
outputting component 0 frame 8 scale 106.564
outputting component 0 frame 9 scale 139.125
zipping files…

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main (/home/installtest/deps_manage/cryosparc2_package/deploy/stage/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.c:3954)
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/var3D/run_disp.py”, line 149, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.var3D.run_disp.run (/home/installtest/deps_manage/cryosparc2_package/deploy/stage/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/var3D/run_disp.c:6298)
File “/home/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 216, in check_output
process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs)
File “/home/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 394, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/home/cryosparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1047, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This job had 10 frames. I also tried with 20 frames, i tried downsampling, and i tried with 3 and 5 modes with the same error each time.

Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks.

Hi @WerdererM,

Thank you for reporting this. Is it possible if you send us the contents of the job folder? You can find it by first going to your project folder, then the job UID folder. For example: /u/cryosparc_srv/cryosparc_projects/P11/J382/

I’m getting the same error (see bottom of message). Was there ever any resolution of this issue?

I’m running cryoSPARC v 2.9.0 on Debian GNU/Linux 8.10 (jessie)

outputting component 0 frame 0 scale -85.1543
[…]
outputting component 0 frame 9 scale 84.1309

zipping files…

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main (/home/installtest/deps_manage/cryosparc2_package/deploy/stage/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.c:3954)
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/var3D/run_disp.py”, line 149, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.var3D.run_disp.run (/home/installtest/deps_manage/cryosparc2_package/deploy/stage/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/var3D/run_disp.c:6298)
File “/usr/local/cryosparc/2.0/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 216, in check_output
process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/cryosparc/2.0/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 394, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/local/cryosparc/2.0/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1047, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Hi @stephan, @dgoetschius

I also came along this issue, and I haven’t found a fix for it. Can you give a hint on how to resolve it?

Best,
Imre

Hi @prolatium,

This error indicates you don’t have the zip tool installed on your system. To install:

Ubuntu:

apt-get install zip unzip

CentOS

yum install zip unzip
2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response, it worked!