2D Classification PyCuda Error (CUDA 11)

Hi there,

I was performing a 2D class from some small datasets using the newest version (v2.15) and I’m getting this error below. This issue started when I updated the Cuda version (11.0) even updating the newcuda path. I had no problem using 2x 2080Ti NVIDIA cards in the prior steps before 2D-class.

Thank you guys!

[CPU: 1.27 GB]   Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc2_compute/jobs/runcommon.py", line 1685, in run_with_except_hook
    run_old(*args, **kw)
  File "cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 128, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run (/fast5/userhome/nfrasser/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_package/cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.c:5079)
  File "cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 129, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run (/fast5/userhome/nfrasser/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_package/cryosparc2_master/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.c:5030)
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/engine.py", line 1011, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.engine.process.work
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/engine.py", line 175, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.engine.EngineThread.setup_current_data_and_ctf
  File "cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_kernels.py", line 1732, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.cuda_kernels.extract_fourier_2D
  File "/home/leelab/CS2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda/driver.py", line 382, in function_call
    func._set_block_shape(*block)
LogicError: cuFuncSetBlockShape failed: invalid resource handle

Hi @vitorserrao,

At this point, cryoSPARC isn’t compatible with CUDA 11.0- we’ll keep this thread updated on this. For the time being, it might be best to have CUDA 10.2 installed on your system, and use cryoSPARC with this version of CUDA.

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your reply. Awesome, I’ll use the 10.2 and hopefully it will work. I’ll also really appreciate if CUDA11 became useful for the next version that you guys are probably working on it.

Thank you again!

Vitor

Hi @vitorserrao,

It will! Also we’re definitely planning on supporting CUDA 11 asap- just waiting on some core dependencies we rely on to update to also support CUDA 11, and we should be good to go!

1 Like