Workspace not showing

Thanks @khajafaisaltarique for this info, which indicates that old CryoSPARC-related processes were not terminated during the update as expected. May I suggest, if it is okay to terminate all currently running CryoSPARC jobs:

1. Run
    cryosparcm stop

2. Run these commands:
    kill 417081
    kill 3238582 
    kill 417195
    kill 1731232

3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Ensure that the command
    ps xww | grep -e mongo -e cryosparc_master

does not show any more mongod or python processes.
  5. Try
    cryosparcm start

6. If the previous command worked without error, proceed to updating cryosparc_worker according to the Manual Cluster Updates instructions here.

Thanks Wtempel

We are almost there. My cryosparc has been updated to 4.2.1. And now workspace from the previous projects are displayed and I am also able to navigate from one projects to other.

But as you mentioned earlier I got the following error while running a new job.

AssertionError: Version mismatch! Worker version (v4.0.3) and Master version (v4.2.1) are not the same. Please update.

I am not able to update cryosparc_worker (maybe due to my limited linux knowledge). I don’t know from where to begin with. Do I need to start from the beginning or the only worker update ? Can you please mention and gudie me with the exact steps and command lines to finish the installation.

Thanks

Faisal

@khajafaisaltarique If all the following are true

• both your cryosparc_master and cryosparc_worker directories are inside
    /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/
  • /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_master contains
    files cryosparc_master.tar.gz and cryosparc_worker.tar.gz that where created recently and at approximately the same time

you can try

cd /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/
ln -s ../cryosparc_master/cryosparc_worker.tar.gz
./bin/cryosparcw update

Hi

It is showing the following message. I mean it says that the worker is still v4.0.3

[cryosparc_user@sn4622125205 ~]$ cd /home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/
[cryosparc_user@sn4622125205 cryosparc_worker]$ ln -s ../cryosparc_master/cryosparc_worker.tar.gz
ln: failed to create symbolic link './cryosparc_worker.tar.gz': File exists
[cryosparc_user@sn4622125205 cryosparc_worker]$ ./bin/cryosparcw update
Updating... checking versions
Current version v4.0.3 - New version v4.0.3 
Already up to date

So the master is v4.2.1 and the worker is v4.0.3

Could it be that the existing file was left over by a previous update? In that case, please delete
/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_worker.tar.gz and try again the
ln -s and ./bin/cryosparcw update commands.

1 Like

You are correct. I did as you recommended and finally everything started working fine.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate

Faisal